Monday, September 15, 2008

First fortnight.

lovely ruin with a rainbow in the background. saw it my first day, a good sign i think.



so i've been here two weeks and i'm feeling pretty good. i don't particularly miss home because I wouldn't be there this time of year anyway. I think my body and mind has fully gotten used to only being in TN for certain specific times of year, ie. summer and briefly at holiday time.

I also tend not to feel like I am so incredibly far from home. The internet sure makes things feel closer, which is good. thomas friedman is a smart man when he says technology makes the world flat. I do miss everyone, though, and wish very much that you all were coming to visit!

this is a photo of the river corrib. i'm looking at it from the bridge i cross to get to university. so pretty, although the current is hella strong: hopefully i don't fall in.



the next few photos are just for everyone to enjoy. i'll add comments and labels as necessary.



these road signs tend to look a bit like a 5 year old made them, but it makes me like them all the more.

as well, this tree doesn't seem to fit the climate, but there are several about town.

No comments: